$10,000 Reasons to Stay SAFE
It's time to get working on your 2016-2017 entry for the $10,000 to Stay SAFE contest and claim your share of $10,000 for you and your school.
We're looking for projects that focus on:
- safety and health training and orientation for workers beginning a new job or changing work duties
- rights and responsibilities of people in the workplace (e.g., workers, employers, supervisors).
This contest is open to high schools, classrooms, groups or individual high school students. Eligible projects include:
- Videos (limited to 2 minutes in length)
- Theatrical productions
- Mixed media
- Other activities related to safe work
Deadline to submit your projects: March 1, 2017
It's never too early to start planning
To help get you started, we've put together your $10,000 Reasons to Stay SAFE Toolkit. This toolkit will ensure you have the information you need to develop your creative and accurate SAFE Work message, and help you get your safety facts straight:
- My Safety and Health Checklist
- New Worker Orientation and Training Guide
- Questions to Ask an Employer When Starting a New Job
- Getting a Job? SAFE Work for You
- Workplace Safety and Health Regulation
- Worker Rights and Responsibilities
- Contest Poster
- Contest Letter
Want to know what it takes to win?
- Eligible provincial video winners may also be entered into the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) video contest: It’s Your Job for a chance to win even more prize money at a national level.
- Winners may have their projects profiled on the SAFE Work Manitoba website and on social media.
- Have more than one project to submit? No problem, send them all!
Contact: Veronica Suszynski
Phone: (204) 954-4358
Toll Free: 1-800-362-3340 ext 4358
Focus on Safety - National Video Competition Winner
View the winning entry from Manitoba for the 2016 Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) National Safety Video Contest “Focus on Safety!”